Social-Media Scientists Uncover Creative Sexting Utilize for Snapchat's Scissor Tool

Photo: ROBYN Beck/AFP/Getty Images

We at Select All dear to hear nearly the weird and wild means that teenagers and immature people are putting social media to use. What habits and customs are the native inhabitants of the digital world adopting? What new cultural products are they creating? What is the status of the dick pic in 2017? And then, naturally, I was fascinated to hear this from a friend: "My brother told me a trick teen boys do in their sexts. They utilize the Snapchat cut-out tool on their dicks, and paste it on top to make their dicks await bigger."

Snapchat's scissor tool, which has been available since December, allows y'all to cut out portions of an prototype from a photo to create paste-able stickers. It'due south good for plastering a photo of your confront with tinier pictures of your face (you can make the stickers every bit big or as modest every bit you similar) to create whimsical, slightly narcissistic mosaics. I hadn't idea much nigh using it after the initial novelty wore off … that is, I hadn't thought much about information technology until my friend texted me.

My friend'south blood brother, a high schooler whose identity will remain a hole-and-corner to protect the innocent, swears he has never done this himself, but he knows people who have. Okay? Okay. Merely a brief search of Twitter appeared to reveal that others have:

All the same, I had several questions. How large tin can i enhance a dick moving-picture show via Snapchat before it becomes painfully obvious? Do people actually fall for that? What happens if someone really does fall for that, only to later observe they were led astray by a Snapchat, well, tool.

"He showed me how it worked and how they do it, simply with my face," my friend explained. "I literally never knew what this tool was until tonight. Teens are fucking wild!" The more I idea nigh it, the more sense this technique made. Snaps, at the longest, last for ten seconds. That's inappreciably plenty time to fully register everything going on in a given image. Particularly if you lot're actually feeling said image.

So you lot could consider this the digital dick equivalent of a particularly ambitious button-up bra. And honestly, beyond the whole nudity thing, using the scissor tool to enlarge your ballocks doesn't feel that much different from using any number of the existing Snapchat filters, which shine your skin, thin your face up, or make y'all look like a very hot puppy.

However, i teen does non a trend brand. I set off to find whatsoever other young dick-pic sender (or recipient) who might shed some light on this maneuver.

Sadly, upon speaking to a number of immature people, it seems the dick-moving-picture show-enhancement hack is more of an urban legend than a genuine practise. "I've heard of [people doing] it, only only equally a joke," a male college student said. "Lmao, nah, I've never heard of that," another student told me. "I wouldn't put it past some of the guys in my grade to practice that," a different homo added. "I hateful, it'due south honestly pretty clever, not gonna prevarication. Stuff similar that [sexting], in general, while using Snapchat, is pretty common." Still, this could grab on, yous never know. "My friend [proper name redacted] is 100 percentage gonna start doing this now that I asked him about it," ane source said later on texting their GroupMe chat to discuss the dick-picture show maneuver. "Thank you for that."

The Creative Sexting Utilise for Snapchat's Scissor Tool